Kona View House is your perfect vacation home in paradise!
Make memories you will cherish forever when you stay at Kona View House Luxury Vacation Rental on the Big Island of Hawaii. With the best views you will find on the Kona Coast, this 4 bedroom house with heated pool is perfectly located for everything Hawaii has to offer.
Amazing 180 degree ocean view. Walk through the front door, and instantly you are captivated by one of the best views in all of Hawaii ! This isn't the view from one corner of the yard, this is the view from almost every room in the house! Every bedroom, the living room, dining room, kitchen and all lanais have this incredible view! Underground utilities ensures there are no power lines to block your view.
Luxury vacation rental on the Big Island of Hawaii, with the Best Views on the Kona Coast.
- Tommy Bahama-style tropical furnishings and tropical art. Lots of teak and bamboo, as well as special touches such as teak floors and vessel sinks.
- 4 BR /3 BA, with every amenity we could think of!
- Large Heated Pool
- 4 TV's including 65" Big Screen TV, DVD player. All TV's are Smart so you can watch your Netflix, Hulu & Amazon accounts. DVD's, books and games.
- Hammock, Multiple decks and lanais.
- Fully equipped, spacious and modern kitchen with all new stainless apppliances. Full size washer and dryer, refrigerator with ice and water in door; double oven, Cuisinart cookware and appliances (coffee maker, blender, toaster), rice cooker, lots of the cooking gadgets, ironing board and iron, hair dryers.
- High thread count sheets, thick and thirsty towels.
- Sleeps up to 9 comfortably. This is a great home for 2-4 couples, or 1-2 families. Even couples will be comfortable here, and for less than a nice (but small) hotel room.
- Extras like beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, coolers, sand toys
- *Large gas grill.
- High speed wireless internet.
- Coolers, boogie boards, beach chairs and pool floats
View Views Views
Luxuriate while you watch the surf crashing on the shore and the whales passing by. Or at night the gorgeous sunsets and city lights.
Location Location Location
Located between Kailua-Kona and Keauhou, convenient to both. This is a great location for experiencing the island, from the great beaches to the North, to Kealakekua Bay and the Volcano to the South. In 5 minutes by car. you can be in Kailua Town (with its pier, restaurants, art galleries and shopping), upscale Keauhou, or at the famous Kahaluu Beach Park (snorkeling beach with turtles) and Disappearing / Magic Sands Beach. Keauhou and the new Sheraton are equally close.
At 660 feet, this is considered by most to be the perfect elevation because it is warm enough to know you're in Hawaii, but doesn't get too hot. (We also have 7 ceiling fans.) And we almost always have sunny days.
We are not the typical vacation rental, because we live here several months a year and treat it like our own home. We have spent $200k on improvements since becoming a vacation rental in 2006.
In addition to the home, weather and location play an important role in your vacation rental choice. We are a 5-10 minute drive from downtown Kailua-Kona. Everything from Wal-mart and Safeway to the cute downtown shops and restaurants of Kailua-Kona can be reached in just a few minutes. You can even be snorkeling at one of the local beaches in just a few minutes. The airport is 15 minutes north, the mega resorts and beaches are 30 minutes north, and the Volcano is 2.5 hours south.
In terms of weather, because we are on the side of a mountain, you can choose your weather by elevation. Down toward the water it is very hot with little breeze. You would often want air conditioning at that elevation. Up at 1200-1500 feet it's quite cool; homes have fireplaces and residents wear long pants. Most people believe 600-800 feet elevation is ideal, and our home is at 650 feet. It's warm enough to feel that you are in Hawaii, but almost never gets too warm. In the evening, cool air comes down the mountain, and you can control the temperature in the house by opening and closing the front door to allow this air in or not. (Note that up north where the resorts are, it is often quite windy, but here we only get light breezes.) We do have 6 ceiling fans for warm days.
Many of our guests report that they had all kinds of plans to visit places around the island, but they actually spent a lot of their time at the house, floating in the pool, hanging out on the lanai and watching the sunset, not wanting to leave. This is the experience we try to provide.
Certainly there are many vacation rentals you can choose from, but we hope you will choose ours so we can share this magical place with you. There are places that are less expensive, but we have yet to see something comparable to ours in terms of views, amentities, luxury, and style, for less.
Don't forget all the ways we will save you $ on your vacation! You can cook your meals at home, and you will have no rental costs for beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, boogie boards, coolers and snorkel gear.
Note: We do not allow parties; only guests staying at the home, and others as pre-authorized.
Hawaii Tax ID W45307256-01
Contact us now by phone, text or email for more information or a no-obligation quote! Thanks for considering us for your next awesome vacation!
Cindi and Glen